Location: Columbus, OH
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plan, implement, and maintain all aspects of the corporate occupational safety program to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. Ensure the company programs comply with applicable federal and state health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
- Regularly travel to regional offices and job sites. Conduct on-site inspections to evaluate physical conditions and safe work practices. Regularly audit field project work to ensure compliance and site specific client safety procedures; communicate all findings via written safety audit report to project managers, audited employees, and senior leadership.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Develop controls for identified hazards. Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard control systems, policies and procedures, and recommend changes that capitalize on opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- In coordination with the corporate legal department, investigate accident and incident reports within 24 hours of occurrence. Analyze reports to identify causal factors, prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards, and communicate information to client contact and appropriate staff.
- Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assist in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Evaluate safety equipment, statistics, or site-specific needs for new projects and maintain inventory of PPE and health/safety supplies.
- Provide advice concerning all local, state, and federal regulation compliance.
MUST have a construction background.
- Bachelors Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental/Engineering Sciences, or related field with 5-8 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in managing the safety function in an Engineering or Construction environment highly preferred
- Knowledge in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and standards.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate comprehensive health and safety accident prevention programs.
- Travel up to 80% may be required, may occasionally need to work irregular hours to inspect jobsites and perform incident investigations.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Technical skills
- Must currently possess or be able to complete OSHA 30-Hour Construction Outreach certification within 3 months of employment.
- Experience delivering safety &/or environmental training
- Root cause analysis
- Strong computer skills required
Senior Recruiter, Professional Services