The Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Safety Department in promoting a healthy and safe workplace at the designated facility(s). These duties will be accomplished by assisting in technical expertise to the plant safety and health teams, supporting safety training on safely and health topics, and encouraging active employee involvement in safety process.
- Identify the H & S training needs and develop and conduct appropriate risk-specific training
(Hazardous material, fork-lift truck, lifting operations, lock out tag out, etc.);
- Ensure individuals assigned with H & S responsibilities receive appropriate training (General managers, plant manager, maintenance, direct supervisors, );
- Support the direct supervisors to facilitate the implementation of H & S programs;
- Measure the H & S performance and report the results to the Safety Committee and the Corporate Safety Team; help lead site safety committees
- Seek H & S continuous improvement by controlling hazards and mitigating risk levels;
- Perform safety audits, inspections, and accident /incident investigations, observe employee activities and workplace conditions, submit recommendations to management to correct deficiencies, eliminate hazards, and improve to overall program;
- Review safety statistics, accident reports and safety audit results through team safety meetings with employees and management to solicit suggestions for improvement and make recommendations;
- Encourage employee participation in safety program through continual communication, close observation, and committee work;
- Prepare, review and submit accident/injury reports, obtain proper authorization and work with Human Resources to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed/file;
- Assist manager with environmental compliance as needed with routine duties (IE: storm water sampling, inventory and maintain spill response supplies);
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety (related fields) 0-1years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred; or 10 years’ experience in leading health and safety as primary function in manufacturing environment and completion of some college level courses in health and safety.
- OSHA Certification preferred;
- Knowledge of the safety principles and related Occupational, Health and Safety and/ or ANSI legal requirements;
- Experience in a safety-related job in manufacturing environment is preferred but not required;
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and ability to teach others;
- Computer skills, especially to navigate in Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Candidate will need to be personable as you must intermingle with employees on the production floor. You must be able to speak, read, and write in English very well. Bilingual is a plus.
- Must be able to travel
- Salary Range 45,000 to $50,000
Human Resources Manager